Berwick-upon-Tweed is England’s most northerly town, sitting midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle at the mouth of the River Tweed. The Elizabethan walled town has golden beaches and in the estuary and river a huge colony of swans as well as otters and seals.
We stay at Marshall Meadow Country House Hotel on the outskirts of Berwick in a Georgian country house set in 15 acres of beautiful gardens. With just 19 rooms this is an elegant and intimate family run hotel. After dinner take a 15 minute stroll through beautiful countryside to the Scottish border.
- Brodsworth Hall & Gardens – Built during the 1860s in Italianate style, much of the original scheme still survives today. A collection of ‘grand gardens in miniature’ have been restored to their Victorian splendour.
- The Northumberland Coast & Cruise – Includes visits to Seahouses, Bamburgh and the RNLI Grace Darling Museum. We then Cruise around the Farne Islands to spot sea birds and grey seals before landing on Holy Island with a visit to Lindisfarne Priory.
- Alnwick Castle & Garden including a guided tour – The second largest inhabited castle in England has been home to the Duke of Northumberland’s family for over 700 years.
- Hardwick Hall National Trust – One of the most spectacular buildings of the Elizabethan age.
- 4 nights accommodation in a characterful heritage property
- 3 nights Dinner plus Bed & Breakfast
- All admission fees to attractions (Discounts £13 to NT members & £16 to English Heritage members)
- One day Blue Badge Guide
Costs: Including travel costs and all admission fees listed £660.00 per person
For more details and to book, please CONTACT US