A very warm welcome awaits us from the proprietor Anthony Brunt and his team.
Our break includes:
- The Walled Gardens of Cannington lie within the grounds of a mediaeval Priory, and many of its fine buildings, including the walls of the gardens, remain. Having undergone extensive redevelopment the gardens were officially opened by HRH the Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward. We have a guided tour with morning coffee and cake on arrival.
- Anthony will introduce us to Dunster with a Walking tour of the village taking in a priory, dovecote, yarn market, inns, packhorse bridge and a mill.
- Exmoor Scenic Coach Tour with Anthony. The tour will take us through Porlock with a visit to Lynmouth and Lynton with free time over lunch.
- Porlock Oyster Tour & Talk – Harvesting native oysters died out in the 1890’s due to overfishing, but Porlock Bay Oysters are now back on the menu thanks to a community led project and we will have the option of tasting some during a lunch and interesting talk.
- Although set on top of a steep hill, National Trust Dunster Castle and gardens is in a beautiful setting. This fortified storybook castle was the home of the Luttrell family for 600 years.
- On the West Somerset Steam Railway, we travel through the gently rolling Quantock hills and distant Exmoor, unspoilt villages and farms nestling in leafy lanes, the cliffs and coast of the Bristol Channel with views of distant South-Wales.
- Hestercombe is a unique combination of three period gardens. The Georgian landscape garden was created in the 1750’s by Coplestone Warre Bampfylde, whose vision was complemented with the addition of a Victorian terrace and shrubbery and the stunning Edwardian gardens designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll.
Costs: Including travel costs, all admission fees listed, guide, 1 x lunch, 3 nights Dinner B&B £429.00 per person or £419.00 if National Trust Member.
For more details and to book, please CONTACT US